While researching, drafting, and revising my essay I didn't face a whole lot of problems. The worst thing that held me up was the trouble with putting my thoughts into words that flow together well. Sometimes when I'm writing, everything will go together and then I'll get to a sentence and my thought process gets tangled up inside my head, it's a problem. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often. Along with that, that I need work on strategically placing my thoughts into words. Sometimes I have so much information and it just doesn't come out right. I felt personal success when I received my essay from my friends that had peer edited it. There wasn't much wrong with it, and I felt proud.
I found the pre-writing activities to be very helpful. Putting together a prospectus and an in-depth outline made the writing of the essay much easier because it gave me a great starting point. I would definitely use those methods in the future. One thing I would try to do better is put together a more in-depth introductory and closing paragraphs, I seem to struggle with writing those.
My peer editing experience - although I love my friends- was not great. I got very little feedback on my paper, in some cases, none at all. I was given back my paper with very minor things to fix. I thought I must just be a really good writer, but turns out that I just didn't get the right editing experience. I'm not sure there would be much to change to enhance the efficiency of the peer editing system.
I think my strengths are having strong talking points and being able to support them. Weaknesses are definitely not having as much experience with serious essay writing in the past. Sometimes, I lose my focus and accidentally repeat something or word something awkwardly. I am planning and focusing on clean cut topic sentences and specific details during my revisions. I hope that I can revise this essay to be the best that it can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment