Wednesday, October 24, 2012
My Connections with Nature -- Seeing What All the Thoreau Hype is About
I step outside into the vast space. I take a deep breath and lie myself down on the soft bed of grass, expecting it to be cold, I'm happily surprised that it is pleasant. I peer around, eyeing the leaves cascading down from the trees above, and tumbling around the field of grass, spanning over the wide open space. I close my eyes to let my other senses speak to me more clearly. My cheek is brushed by a gust of wind, not cold or hot, a pleasant, refreshing breeze. My hair begins to flow with the breeze, it's so tantalizingly great. My ears, so small, can hear some of the biggest things, the singing and talking of birds. These birds are artwork; they are miracles. With the Great Mother and the Divine Father as creators, it's hard not to be so wonderful to the senses. I bask in the glory of their presence. With my eyes remaining closed, my body is entranced by the gleaming sun. The heat transferring down does not only heat my body, but my soul. Although the sun conquers many other nations, I feel that it is my own. Such a personal connection draws me to nature, keeping me within its grips.Slowly, I open my eyes to the world yet again, feeling refreshed in more ways than one. I feel closer to our earth; I feel one with nature. Hanging above me is the infinite blue sky that lights up the world. Just when I believe that nothing could be better in the world at this moment, I notice large fluffy clouds. The clouds block the sun and bring harm to our weather. I ponder on this, which brings me to the question, do the clouds represents obstacles in one's life? Does He want us to realize that nothing can be perfect? I want to think so. Sitting up, I spot several insects gathering around a leaf. I gather an odd sense of hope; do these small insects show us that our fears are smaller than we perceive them? I believe that and it brings me to thoughts of success and pride; to over come the bug is to achieve true success. A leaf dangles from the tree above, the wind teasing it. Minutes later, the leaf drops down and I realize that the leaf has ended its cycle on earth.This leads me to the actualization that nothings so beautiful lasts forever. I stand up feeling rejoiced in all of the new things I have uncovered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment