Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to Blog #1

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back for another year of schoology, blogger, writing, and freaking out! Being in Honors English III last year really prepared me for College English. Last year really tested my writing skills and challenged me; I hope this year will do the same. When I reflect on my academic writing from previous years, I can see a progression my abilities. I can see myself getting really stressed out with this class, but it all being worth it in the end. From last year I can see that my strengths are in opening statements, valid arguments, and creative wording. Madi Schulenberg commented, '"When you write you sound very sophisticated." I would agree with that as well. I am pretty confident in my writing ability. But there are always weaknesses, and I have plenty! There is the on-going love/hate relationship with conclusions and organization issues that I can definitely work on this year. Oh, and we can't forget about the random awkward wording problems, too. Let's just say I 've got a lot to improve on. I really enjoy the writing process that I developed last year; it worked fairly well for me. If this year is anything like last year, I think I'll be just fine.

Since this course is brand new at our school, of course I have questions...but I haven't thought of them yet. As the semester progresses I think that I'll run into a few questions. I'm actually very curious as to how this class is going to go. I just thought of a question: Will you be grading similarly to how you did in Honors English III? That's the only question I can think of currently. I'm very excited to get to write in different styles because my whole academic life we've been doing the same old things; it's getting boring! I'm assuming that this class should spice things up. Of course, it'll be hard and that will be my only apprehension. Kind of like fear of the unknown; we're the new class so I can't ask older students for advice! But that fear is what keeps me interested! Should be a great senior year!


1 comment:

  1. Whenever you have questions, please just let me know!

    The grading will be similar to English 3 as far as essays go. The grades for essays will be 50 points as before. The only other thing is that there are fewer assignments that go along with the essays. This means that the essays will mean that much more for your final grade. 10/10

    ReplyDelete